christiano ronaldo signs new deal with...

. . No comments:
"Madrid is my home," was the theme of today's press conference - and the man himself, beaming to the assembled media here, made that abundantly clear.


1:40 PM WAT

9/15/13
And what of all the talk of "sadness" last season?

"We have our good and bad days. That day, I was a bit sad, something that can happen more times during the season. It's normal and human. Probably I shouldn't have said that in public, but I'm human and I make my own mistakes. It's past though.

"I think last season was positive though. It's something I have worked for, but I think I can always improve and keep learning. I'm an ambitious person and I don't want to set any limit. I'm going to try to score 200 more goals in the next four or five years here. It's not the most important thing, but I'm going to try.

"Leaving Real Madrid was something I could think about, but nothing that let me lose sleep. I wanted to stay at this club, the best in the world in my opinion. If you leave Real Madrid, there is not another destination, because you are already at the top."

And that brings proceedings to an end at Santiago Bernabeu: a further five years at a colossal salary, but Ronaldo insists the money is not the most important thing...

"Being the best paid in the world was not the main thing. There are many things more important that just money. I'm not going to lie to you: it's important, but not the priority.

"There is a winning project, being at the best team in the world, the one that signs the best players... This club has enough size to win more Champions Leagues, more Ligas, more Copas... That's why I feel so much a part of this club. Money was not a big deal. Being the first one, the second one or the third one is not important, because I feel great."

1:29 PM WAT

9/15/13
And lastly from Ronaldo - what of the summer talk of a return to Manchester United?

"I will be honest with you. Everyone knows I was in Manchester for six years, they gave me many things, and I don't forget that.

"But Manchester is the past, now it's Madrid. This is my home, my family's here, I'm really happy here.

"I respect the clubs who knocked on the door to ask about me, but they always knew my only goal was to be here and to play at this club, maybe until the end of my career.

"Nobody knows the future, but I'm going to be here for five more years and I just want to win trophies for this club. I try to do my best, like always."

1:25 PM WAT

9/15/13
Raul's goal record for the club stands at 323 - does Ronaldo feel he can reach it during his remaining Madrid career?

"Records are there to be broken. It's not the most important thing. The most important thing is to win trophies."

Over potentially five years, it'd take a brave man to bet against him...

source:http://www.goal.com/en-ng/live-update/1715/cristiano-ronaldo-signs-new-real-madrid-deal-live?ICID=HP_HN_1

No comments:

Post a Comment

...a place for General, Latest and Undiluted Informations!

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Text Widget

Download

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyright ©Ifedayo. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Popular Posts

Popular Posts